What are houses Efficient?
Efficient houses are those buildings that have a reduction in energy consumption of between 70% and 90% compared to a conventional house. Can you imagine what it would be like to live in a house that hardly consumes? This would mean family savings and an improvement in the conservation of the environment,which is why the government, businesses and consumers themselves are increasingly committed to efficient as well as sustainable homes.
Advantages of living in an efficient house
Efficient homes have advantages over traditional houses.
- The main advantage of living in an efficient house is the decrease in the consumption of the house, as we mentioned above, there is a reduction of between 70-90% of consumption
- Housing with a considerable reduction in energy consumption such as efficient houses would also mean economic savings.
- Efficient buildings produce half or half of greenhouse gas emissions into the atmosphere, so efficient houses contribute to improving the environment.
- Higher profitability. The construction of efficient houses is more expensive than the construction of traditional houses. Building an efficient home represents an increase of between 7% and 8% of the expense, this expense is offset by the reduction of supply expenses.
- Efficient homes have higher air quality as these houses have sustainable ventilation systems that generate and control their own air.
- Efficient houses have electrical independence as they have their own internal circuits therefore have a minimum dependence on the general electrical grid.
- Just as efficient houses have higher air quality than traditional houses, they also have better air quality as this type of housing has sustainable ventilation systems that regenerate and control the air so that it is always optimal.
- It is true that efficient houses are more expensive but they are also of higher quality. Efficient housing ensures greater durability and will remain in perfect condition for longer.
- Goodbye noises,the great insulation of the walls and the low use of electricity and gas is an acoustic improvement in the homes, they are quieter houses.
What improvements are available make your home an efficient home?
You don’t have to sell your home and buy yourself a house that has an efficient construction, you can implement simple improvements in your home to get an efficient house or a little more efficient than before, in many times we talk about habits.
- You can install hot water accumulation systems in your home that will always be more efficient ones than instant production and no accumulation. It’s also it is important that the accumulators and pipes are well insulated,if installed outdoors.
- As for the faucets of the bathrooms and the kitchen it is advisable to change the faucets independently of hot and cold water by one that is single-command. As for the systems of double pushbutton or partial discharge from the TOILET save a lot of water.
- Don’t turn on so many lights and open the curtains more. I’m sure many times you turn on the house lights without need, get more out of natural light. Another tip, use light colors on the walls of the home as they absorb plus natural light.
- In relation to the temperature,in summer it is advisable to ventilate the house first thing in the morning as it is not so hot, but in winter it is better to ventilate it at noon so that the thermal difference is minimal. See if you have thermal leaks in your home. Keep in mind that awnings, blinds and curtains are effective systems to reduce heat in homes.
- Use energy-efficient bulbs,are more expensive but save up to 80% energy and last much longer. In areas where light is most needed, such as cooking, it is advisable to use fluorescent tubes.
Do you want to know the characteristics of a sustainable building?
Do you want to know more about how our buildings are designable?